MeijiShowa — historical images of Japan between the 1860s and 1930s all imagesphotographyillustrationsmapscalendar [ ? ] view cart (0)

70808-0007 - 4th Divisional Headquarters

PURCHASE A LICENSE

Osaka Showa 1930s Unknown
The 4th Divisional Headquarters in Osaka, located next to Osaka Castle. The 4th Infantry Division was formed in Osaka City in January 1871 (Meiji 4) as the Osaka Garrison. The original headquarters was Osaka Castle. When it was reconstructed in 1931 (Showa 6), the building on this image was erected. A reserve division in the First Sino-Japanese War, the 4th Division participated in the Russo-Japanese War and World War II. At the end of World War II it was disbanded. The building still stands.
Kjeld Duits Collection Buildings & StructuresMilitary
Find similar:
Imperial Japanese Army, Osaka, Osaka Meisho Series, architecture, armed forces, buildings, conflict, military, unrest, war
Share |
1 Year License Editorial Advertising Packaging
Small (Web)
1MB/72dpi
USD 45.00 USD 89.00 USD 115.00
Medium (B6)
10MB/300dpi
USD 110.00 USD 140.00 USD 160.00
Large (A4)
23MB/300dpi
USD 140.00 USD 170.00 USD 185.00
Larger sizes available. Contact Us!