| Mt. Fuji as seen from Kanatorii gate (金鳥居) in Fujiyoshida City (富士吉田市) in Yamanashi Prefecture. This spot, known as Yoshidaguchi (吉田口) was the historical starting point for pilgrims climbing Mt. Fuji.
The first torii was erected here in 1788. Typhoons destroyed it several times, but it was rebuilt each time. The torii on this image dates from 1878 (Meiji 11). It was torn down for the war effort in 1944 (Showa 19). A new one was erected in 1955 (Showa 30). This still stands today. In 1962 (Showa 37), it was decorated with a Shimenawa (rice straw rope for ritual purification).
Maximum file size: 23.3M (2464 × 3147 pixels)
|Pump Park Collection||Buildings & StructuresReligious|
Fujiyoshida, Kanatorii, Mt. Fuji, Shintoism, Yamanashi, Yoshidaguchi, architecture, beliefs, gates, mountains, religions, religious, rural, scenic views, streets, torii, villages, volcanoes
|1 Year License||Editorial||Advertising||Packaging|
|USD 119.00||USD 198.00||USD 248.00|
|USD 238.00||USD 298.00||USD 348.00|
|USD 298.00||USD 358.00||USD 398.00|
|Larger sizes available. Contact Us!|
PRIVATE COLLECTION — Many of our images are extremely rare and can often not be licensed anywhere else.
©2010-2017 MeijiShowa | Warning: Some images contain graphic or potentially objectionable content (eg. victims of disasters, nudity, prostitution)